Friday, November 27, 2009

New "Reading" Blanket

What's better to do on the day after Thanksgiving than relax with a bit 'o knitting?

Over the years I've made a bunch of blankets for my family, friends, and babies of family and friends.  Never one for me.

Earlier this month I (finally) started a blanket for myself.  I had 9 skeins of a very soft green (Caron, Simply Soft, Dark Sage) and my favorite (and only) book for afghans & throws; I found an easy basket weave pattern and away I went.
Today I finished it!
This blanket is to live in our library... a small space upstairs where we have a wall of bookcases, my desk, and a "new" reading chair.  We made a trade with my sister of a comfy brown leather chair for our black leather sofa & chair.  It looks great in our space (she says her stuff looks great, too) - and now it has a nice little blankie to keep its reader warm on rainy fall days like today.
Click on the photos to see a more detailed view

3 comments:

Debi said...

Your reading nook looks so cozy... the blanket is beautiful... love the color!

Adrienne said...

Wow - look at that blanket! You have been busy - it's beautiful.

The garland you saw was made for me by Michelle (http://livingwithwildmonkeys.blogspot.com/). We were swap partners and I was a lucky recepient! It's made out of fabric and threaded embroidery thread. I don't know if she has an Etsy shop or not ... I can't remember. She's a sweety - you might be able to 'swap' with her!

I hope you decide to join us for TTPT again!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Your afghan's pattern is beautiful. I could seriously snuggle under it and read a good book.