Now, just past the 90-day mark, we've "completed" the program, I have made a point to either do the workout program or some other activity 3-4 (or more) times per week. This week has been dirt-moving week - got 3 cu. yds. of topsoil delivered Saturday and have been trying to get it all off the driveway ASAP.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*I can't believe how many people have asked me about P90X. It's been very cool - people keep me motivated and they say I motivate them to be more active. I feel a little bit like a contestant on The Biggest Loser - tho no prize $$ for me. :)
So - for anyone who's interested. Here's my list of "what's changed" since February 5, 2009:
- My weight loss, in pounds, is minimal. However, I have lost inches everywhere!
- I'm close to being TWO dress sizes smaller than I was when I started.
- I'm STRONG! I'm FLEXIBLE! I've got great BALANCE!
- I can eat and not feel guilty! (I've started to watch what I eat even closer, have increased my protein intake and decreased "bad" carbs) - but even still Output > Input so life is good!
- I'm SO motivated to continue working out. It's really become part of my daily "to dos"... and I LOVE how I feel when I'm done.
- I LOOK GOOD! (on my way to looking GREAT!)
- I can hike the hills of the Erie County Forestry without getting out of breath!
- I sleep like a baby - I always did, but now I sleep very well.
- I have to buy a bunch of new clothes - and hate having to spend the money on them. (hahah, this is so terrible, isn't it?!)
- My knees hurt sometimes. I think I got arthritis from my mom... knees get a little creaky after the Plyo/Jump Training workout.
- Time is always a factor. I have to ask myself "what will have to wait so that I can workout?" It's very nice now that the days are warmer - I can get a great workout AND get stuff done (without neglecting the dogs either).