Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Happy Birthday?

No, not really. But I'm better now.

Yesterday, I was "displaced" from my job... effective January 30th. Displaced... in the Merriam-Webster Dictionary it's defined as:

Function: transitive verb
Etymology: probably from Middle French desplacer, from des- dis- + place place
Date: 1549
1 a: to remove from the usual or proper place ; specifically : to expel or force to flee from home or homeland <displaced persons> b: to remove from an office, status, or job cobsolete : to drive out : banish

I have been BANISHED! At least, for now. I've been given a lot of time to try to find a new place for myself within the company, then if nothing works out, I can get a severance package (don't know what that is yet - "It's in the mail") to help pay the bills while I continue to look.

This feels icky at the moment... I'm nervous about not having insurance and not being able to pay my bills, oh, and finding a job in this recession-like economy we're in.

BUT, I'm also optimistic. As Kate Bush says "I just know that something good is gonna happen". I've started applying places and have a plan to keep the resume rain going for a few more days. I'm also going to exercise more... the dogs and I are going to walk EVERY day - sun or snow. I'm going to be in great shape for the many interviews I go on! :)

I'll keep ya posted... but now I have to go visit a friend and play Wii! Yay!

No comments: