Saturday, June 18, 2011

99/100 Week 3: June 12 - 18


Here's my mileage for the third week... 
of the 99/100 Challenge


This was an AWESOME week, full of "bests" and a strong feeling of success.  This week solidified my belief that I'm going to do well this year.  I'm actually looking forward to the Tri, because I know I am ready.

Two weeks from today, we'll see how well I actually do.

For now, here's what I've been up to this week.

Sunday, 6/12 -
   Run - 1.0 mile run
I did a "speed trial" - asking how fast can I run 1.0 mile?  Answer - 9:36 (not bad!)
* I also did 15 burpees.  Don't know what a burpee is?  Click here.  Why am I doing burpees?  My cousin is doing the 100 burpee challenge (yes, ANOTHER challenge).  It's a 100 day program where, at the end, you do 100 burpees in a row.  Think it's easy?  HA!  Try doing 15.  Try doing 10!  Hell, try doing 5.  You'll see they are NOT easy.

Monday, 6/13
   Swim - 0.85 miles (1500 yards)

Tuesday, 6/14 - Rest, yes... I forced myself to take a rest day.  It's getting harder and harder to do.

Wednesday, 6/15
   Run - 4.8 miles (yes, this is correct... almost 5-miles!  I constantly ran for 4.0 miles, and had some walking/running intervals for the other 0.8)  This is a new milestone for me... a new "longest run".
   Walk - 2.0 miles (Mackie needed a walk... so off we went for a nice easy hike in the woods)
   Swim - 1.0 miles (1800 yards) - I SWAM A MILE!  It took me 45 minutes, but I did it.  Pretty proud of this milestone, too.
** Wednesday was a VERY good day! **

Thursday, 6/16
   Bike - 10.0 miles (this was ANOTHER good day.  I figured I'd just do an "easy 10", but once I got started I felt very strong, so I went with it and pushed myself.  I finished in 48-minutes, averaging 12.5 mph).
   Hike - 2.5 miles (in the woods, uphill, both ways).  Good time with my sister and her 4-legged child.

Friday, 6/17
   Hike - easy 1.5 miles in the Forestry.
   * 15 Burpees *

Saturday, 6/18
   * BRICKBike - 6.7 miles then Run - 1.9 miles

For a grand sum total of 32.25 miles this week.
My total running miles were 7.7, leaving me with 78.42 miles to go (before Labor Day).

Interesting little side note... I totaled up my mileage for the first 3-weeks of the 99/100 Challenge... if one was to include ALL activities (not just running)... I'd be sitting at 99.95 today.  SO CLOSE!

1 comment:

* elizabeth * said...

Holy Crap! You are rocking this challenge!! I may have to have some little prize for making it to 100 miles first! Paul (and me too) is freaking amazed at your 1 mile swim. That's so great! I am SO proud of you!!