Friday, September 3, 2010

C25K

I am SO happy to say that I successfully completed week 1 of the Couch-to-5K Running Plan
Now, I know... it's only the first week.  BUT...

* I feel GREAT!  No pain anywhere.
* I focused on form... I didn't worry about how far I ran or how fast, I just kept my attention on proper running technique.
* I'm looking forward to next week. (I have decided to limit my running workouts to the 3 days/week (as suggested), I'll do other things on Saturdays/Sundays - at least for a while).
* I've been good about resting.  Okay, pretty good.  Yesterday, we got our delivery of 4 cords of firewood and I spent almost 2-hours stacking it yesterday after work.
* I'm trying to be good about eating.  My sweet tooth sometimes takes over and I have a cookie or chocolate or ice cream (or all three), but I try to select more veggies than "empty" carbs as often as possible.

Again, it's only week one.  I see this as a great step in the right direction for me.  And so far, so good.

1 comment:

Bruno Laliberté said...

do not demean your accomplishment. this is what you had set out to do this week and it is a success!! good for you!!
doing it every other day allows your muscle mass to repair itself if any damages occured instead of doing it everyday. keep it comfortable by pushing the limits only a bit at the time.
:)~
HUGZ