Wednesday, August 26, 2009

All about Books

I need to get my thoughts down about Possession by A.S. Byatt soon...
Why not now?
Hmm... not ready.

Oh, but I can decide on criteria/format for what I want to put into my "reviews"... or maybe brainstorm what I want to include. I plan to visit some other blogs that talk books and see what these folks say.

1. Ratings
I'm not sure I want to put a numerical rating on the books I blog about. At book club we do. We rate books from 1 to 5 (5 being the best). We do this before any discussion of the book and many times my attitude towards it changes from the start of the meeting to the end. I'll be sure to include things that I liked/disliked. For example, were there themes, characters, writing styles I want to make note of? (I'm thinking particularly of Possession right now.)

2. A brief synopsis/summary
This will help me remember what the story is about - for future reference.

3. Feelings/Impressions
I see this as a kind of "catch all" for those random things that I want to say (or remember) about certain books. I suspect this will be where I would note if I would recommend this book to others... or not.

I think this is all, for now. My criteria might change after I take a look at other sites with write-ups about books.

No comments: