I am SO happy to say that I successfully completed week 1 of the Couch-to-5K Running Plan!
Now, I know... it's only the first week. BUT...
* I feel GREAT! No pain anywhere.
* I focused on form... I didn't worry about how far I ran or how fast, I just kept my attention on proper running technique.
* I'm looking forward to next week. (I have decided to limit my running workouts to the 3 days/week (as suggested), I'll do other things on Saturdays/Sundays - at least for a while).
* I've been good about resting. Okay, pretty good. Yesterday, we got our delivery of 4 cords of firewood and I spent almost 2-hours stacking it yesterday after work.
* I'm trying to be good about eating. My sweet tooth sometimes takes over and I have a cookie or chocolate or ice cream (or all three), but I try to select more veggies than "empty" carbs as often as possible.
Again, it's only week one. I see this as a great step in the right direction for me. And so far, so good.