Friday, March 12, 2010

12-of-12: March 2010

12 photos
on the 12th day
12 months of the year

Thanks, as always, to Chad Darnell, originator of the 12-of-12 Project.
Not the most exciting or creative photos this month... could it be because I woke up to rain after a BEAUTIFUL, warm, sunny day yesterday?  Hmmmm, maybe.  TGIF, everyone! 

6:30-8:30am:  Home
These aren't the sneakers I wore for my workout this morning...  but I just HAD to include them in my 12.  I bought them last weekend so I could start running/training for my first Triathlon (in July).  In addition to their very cool colors, I'm totally psyched that by buying them, a donation is made to the Komen Foundation - to fight breast cancer!


Instead of jumping in the car first thing this morning, my team had an 8am conference call, so I got to stay home for a bit.  Let's see - computer, phone, coffee, bagel - I'm ready!

My favorite boy, TaterBug, was hangin' out - giving me the sad eyes when I was on my way out the door after the call.  The good news?  Only working half a day today!

51-degrees out!  HOORAY!  
Rainy, tho.  BOO!
BTW - that's Spot, the cow, on the right

9:00am - Noon:  Buffalo, NY
I was back in Buffalo again this month.  These shots are taken in and around downtown.

City Hall

The Federal Court Building


Buffalo Savings Bank Building 
(Now M&T Bank, the Electric Tower in the background)

The Electric Tower


1:00pm: On my way home!
A TON of snow has melted these last few days - temps have been in the 40s and 50s - so the creeks are turning into fast-moving rivers.  AND, little run-offs are turning into beautiful waterfalls.  This one is a hidden treasure on Route 240.

Our little girl got some new shoes, too!
Winter may be almost over, but the kids still need boots for those rough terrains we hike through sometimes.  Here's Mackie trying on her new NeoPaws.

A view from the porch - 
Can you see the mist?  We're making our own fog today - with warm air and cold snow.  We still have over a foot of snow on the ground, but it's receding quickly.  I expect the majority will be gone by next month, assuming we don't get any major storms between now and then... which one can never count out in March.

This month's shots are kind of a "half-12-of-12" since they were all taken before 3pm.  Not much happened since then:  I read for a bit, did some chores, and now we're contemplating dinner.  If anything photo-worthy happens tonight, I'll be sure to add it... a bonus shot, if you will.  If not, I'll see ya next month!

16 comments:

TICKLEBEAR said...

i love the architedture shown here, but the neopaws are what got me most amused.
:D~
see you next month!!
HUGZ

elizabeth said...

okay, something about that dashboard shot is really really wonderful.

corky said...

Something about Taterbug makes me want to reach out and love the poor baby. Why do you want to go off and leave that poor thing?

Glad you've got the snow and not us. I like to see it when it's someone elses.

cmorgenstern said...

Hi Jill,
thanks for sharing your world with us. It is always nice to see how other people live their lives. In my case I enjoy meeting new people from the other side of the big water. I particularly like the dogs. I particularly like the dog's shoes. I have never seen anything like it. Here too we had some new snow yesterday. Can't wait for spring this year. the winter has been far too long.
Greetings from the centre of Germany and see you next month.
Christa

nicis_anatomy said...

These shoes are so beautiful! Wow ... I need to buy some new ones, too. But I think I will go with one of the last-year-models again. They are cheaper but as good as the 2010 ones ;)
The dog doesn't look that excited about his shoes, though. Hope the snow will vanish soon so that you can start running again or walking the dog without the shoes.

Enjoy your weekend!
Nici

Dogeared said...

Aww, poor Taterbug looks so sad! And I love the NeoPaws - what a cute photo of both your dogs.

And yay for melting snow! :D

wunderschoenbunt said...

great photos i like it to take a look in other countrys and cities. your city looks so different to mine. the sad dog look is so cute...

greetings!

TJ said...

I enjoyed looking at your 12 of 12 photos. I like the ones of all the buildings around town and I like the ones with the dog. Thanks for sharing...

Pete said...

Hi there Jill, oh boy those Neopaws are fantastic AND you managed to get a "posing" shot as well!

Love the new running shoes too, and for a good cause. Hope the training is going well. As always things look beautiful there.

kerri said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the shoes! And the NeoPaws. (Apparently you can tell I'm a runner lover :D.)

Also, I love that your dogs name is Taterbug. That's AWESOME.

raindogthoughts said...

Oh, sad dog eyes! Boru gives me those every morning. Hard to resist. Nice pics!

Der Wanderer said...

Hi Jill, thanks so much for showing me Buffalo. Appears to be a nice city to live. Made it to NYC, Albany, the Catskillsm but never to B. Greetings from Ireland, Markus

Lucrecia Bloggia said...

Ha,Ha,Ha!!
your picture of Mackie made me laugh a good time! Always funny to see animals wearing clothes.

Nice 12!
;¬)

Snuva said...

Yes, half a world away and so many similarities and so many differences! Not only is it early autumn here, but we never have snow away from the highlands. But gym, dog, work - yup.

lovesmukiwa said...

Good luck on the training for your race! Your dog photos are adorable.

KC aka Carol said...

Ooh, a waterfall, how cool! Love the pictures of the dogs - they look so sad!