Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Turn the Page... Tuesday

It's February folks!
Tuesday, the 1st!
So, as you all know from Adrienne's blog at Some of a Kind, it's Turn the Page... Tuesday!

Not much to report today... I haven't finished any books and I've barely started the one I'm on.  BUT, I have met the two main characters and I'm looking forward to reading more.  My only real problem is (awake) time.

I'm almost done crocheting a gift for my mom-in-law (more on that once it's finished and delivered), so any waking moment not spent at work is taken up by my H-hook and yarn.  As soon as that's done, I'm back to the book.

What book, you ask?
Well, I'm following Adrienne's guidelines and picking up a book on my shelf.  It hasn't been there long.. maybe 4-6 months... but it's calling me.  It and it's two mates.

I started Stieg Larsson's Millennium Trilogy in late-January and met The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.  I'm getting to know Lisbeth and Blomkvist now... she's barely a character at the moment, just a caricature, but from all the hoop-la, I'm sure there will be much more to learn about her.

I'm doing my best to resist watching the movie before I finish the book.  That shouldn't be too difficult since my Netflix queue is pretty full.  But, BOY, am I excited to know what's so hot about these books.


Guess I'll have to keep reading to find out!

5 comments:

Paula said...

My daughter lives in Texas now, but still has several boxes full of books here. This one is in one of those boxes and I've been eyeballing it. Probaly going to pull it out and stick it on my shelf...I really think I NEED to read it. lol

Adrienne said...

I can't wait to hear what you think. It's a bit over the top in a crazy exciting oh my gosh kinda way ;-)

Unknown said...

Keep reading so you can tell us about these books.

Anonymous said...

I've read all three of them, and I think you'll enjoy the adventure. They are a ride, that's for sure!

Paige said...

Those books are on my radar - lately I've had a hard time settling down with something, but one of these days I'll have to give those a go. Have fun reading and crocheting!