Saturday, July 11, 2009

My summer vacation (so far)

Weird start to the summer... it reminds me of our first year in our house (2004)... some very nice days, but lots of rain. Today was no exception. It started out sunny, then by 11:30 was thundering and lightening and raining cats and dogs. Now - almost 5pm - it's sunny again and the weather man says tomorrow should be very nice - "Sunny, 72".

So far this summer I've been relatively lazy. Not working out very much (altho this past Monday I walked almost 3 miles with the kids) so I've got to step it up a bit. This seems to be a summer trend for me. I don't deal well with the heat. Going to start the 100 push-ups challenge again - took the pre-test today - and start each day off with some upper-body stuff.

One project I'm VERY happy with is the guest bedroom. I started painting it at the end of June and finished on July 4th. Some people go on picnics on Independence Day... I finish painting and move furniture. It looks GREAT! I will upload pictures as soon as I find a bedspread and "finish" the room. I expect that will be this week since Emma wants to plan a sleepover.

Made strawberry jam during June-July, too. WOW, it's amazing. I'm not sure if I've figured out the secret to exceptional jam or it it's because I made it within days of the fruit being picked... or both. Couple pats on the back for me!

No comments: