Wednesday, May 13, 2009

P90X - Day 90 and beyond

Earlier this month we arrived at DAY 90 for the P90X workout. Well, I should clarify. It's been 90 days since we started doing P90X. Around day 60 we did the old "holy sh*t, this workout is intense - we have NO LIFE outside work and workouts." So we did some reevaluation and decided we'd continue on with the program, but allow some breathing room on days/nights we had other priorities (like visiting friends or exhaustion from over-exertion from working in the yard, etc). It has still meant 5-6 days/week of 60-90 minutes of exercise.

Now, just past the 90-day mark, we've "completed" the program, I have made a point to either do the workout program or some other activity 3-4 (or more) times per week. This week has been dirt-moving week - got 3 cu. yds. of topsoil delivered Saturday and have been trying to get it all off the driveway ASAP.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I can't believe how many people have asked me about P90X. It's been very cool - people keep me motivated and they say I motivate them to be more active. I feel a little bit like a contestant on The Biggest Loser - tho no prize $$ for me. :)

So - for anyone who's interested. Here's my list of "what's changed" since February 5, 2009:

The positives:
  • My weight loss, in pounds, is minimal. However, I have lost inches everywhere!
  • I'm close to being TWO dress sizes smaller than I was when I started.
  • I'm STRONG! I'm FLEXIBLE! I've got great BALANCE!
  • I can eat and not feel guilty! (I've started to watch what I eat even closer, have increased my protein intake and decreased "bad" carbs) - but even still Output > Input so life is good!
  • I'm SO motivated to continue working out. It's really become part of my daily "to dos"... and I LOVE how I feel when I'm done.
  • I LOOK GOOD! (on my way to looking GREAT!)
  • I can hike the hills of the Erie County Forestry without getting out of breath!
  • I sleep like a baby - I always did, but now I sleep very well.
The negatives:
  • I have to buy a bunch of new clothes - and hate having to spend the money on them. (hahah, this is so terrible, isn't it?!)
  • My knees hurt sometimes. I think I got arthritis from my mom... knees get a little creaky after the Plyo/Jump Training workout.
  • Time is always a factor. I have to ask myself "what will have to wait so that I can workout?" It's very nice now that the days are warmer - I can get a great workout AND get stuff done (without neglecting the dogs either).
As you can see, the positives FAR outweigh the negatives. I recommend to everyone - build 20-60 minutes into your day for "sweat time". You'll love yourself for it!

No comments: